Biosorbe AB is a cleantech company that, in collaboration with the KTH Royal Institute of Technology, has developed a patented biomaterial called Biosorbe. Biosorbe is an efficient and environmentally friendly absorbent of hydrocarbons in water, air and soil. It replaces the plastic and oil-based alternatives that exist on the market today but can also clean where there are no suitable product alternatives available. Biosorbe efficiently absorbs oil and hydrocarbons in polluted water and air. The absorbed oils can be pressed out and re-used, degraded into harmless components, or be incinerated. The product is a result of a science project at the KTH Royal Institute of Technology which has been developed and commercialized by Biosorbe AB, with continued collaboration between KTH and the University of Karlstad.
Our revolutionary Swedish bio-based product absorbs oil spills both on land and in water. Biosorbe is a natural oil absorbent, as well as a hydrophobic water repellent – allowing it to resist rain on land or float on water for extended periods to collect oil from the surface. Biosorbe Active treats spills on-site with a Biosorbe and oil-eating microbe combination. The spill degrades by oil-eating microbes into harmless substances (carbon dioxide and water). Resulting in a safer workplace – quicker and cheaper for the disposal of hazardous waste, as well as less contaminants released into the environment.
- Enviroment: Cellusoe fibers instead of microplastic solutions as seen in many of today’s clean-up products
- Health: The light and flexible material makes for a better work environment for the user.
- Multipurpose: Can clean up oil spills in water as well as on land
- Resource: Used/contaminated product can be used as fuel in district heating.
- No microplastics.
- Absorbant is hydrofobic and antibacterial
- can hold the absorbed/cleaned up compounds for a long time.
- Has superior absorption capacity, 10-25 times its own
- Cost effective – superior absorption capacirt equals superior pricing. Don’t pay for weight!
- Various areas of application: Bulk mass, filters, membranes
- On land, in water, and air borde absorption
- Flexible and adaptable in development of products and
- Proven quality for a broad range of customers and needs – see our many customer cases of how others have used Biosorbe in effective and sustainable solutions.
Major and minor oil spills occur daily from trucks, cranes, vessels, machines, cars and storage tanks. All spills add up to significant environmental impacts, as well as exposing health risks to personnel. We know from experience that it is both time consuming and expensive to handle and dispose of oil in a safe and appropriate way.
Our revolutionary Swedish bio-based product absorbs oil spills both on land and in water. Biosorbe is a natural oil absorbent, as well as a hydrophobic water repellent – allowing it to resist rain on land or float on water for extended periods to collect oil from the surface.
A NATURAL CATALYST FOR SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT
We looked to nature to find a unique oil absorbent and an effective technology for sustainable businesses.We want to continue to develop together with others. That way, we can make the greatest difference